We wrote in Website Design that you only require a domain name, a web hosting server and a content management system (CMS) to set up a website. Technically that’s true though there is still a fair bit of complexity behind a good website design.
So if you do not wish to get involved in the technicalities but just want to focus on your core business, how much does it cost you to get a website developed for you in Singapore?
Well, to answer that question, we must first define the scope according to:
- whether you need graphics assets to be designed, or you will be providing images, photos to be used for the website, assuming you already have a company logo
- whether you need help with the contents copy writing
- whether you only need functional static pages to your website, typically pages like About Us, Products & Services, Work Portfolio, Customer Testimonials, Product Information Page, Contact Page or do you need more fanciful stuff to capture other workflow processes
- whether you are running e-commerce engine on your website
- whether you need SEO for your website (read Importance of SEO and How To Do SEO)
- whether you need maintenance and regular updates of contents
If I assume you only need static pages and you are providing all the artwork and contents copy required to be uploaded, then in the context of the Singapore market, it is probably going to cost you anything from $2,500 to $5,000, not taking into account work done by perhaps students not having an incorporated company.
You can read an article on possible costs here.
I don’t always know that much about website design and being a small business owner who is cost conscious, I literally modified from a raw template and did one on Joomla CMS platform. I then wanted to revamp my website and had some difficulty finding “someone” to do for me, for various reasons like cost, continual support etc.
Well, I recommend that you take these into considerations when getting someone to do your website:
- cost comparisons, and I think you are good at this as you are a business owner
- make sure your website is built such that it is mobile responsive (as more and more web access is through mobile smart phones)
- that you get the website SEO ready even if you are not embarking on SEO as yet, reason being you will have search engines index your website early
- that you get trained on the Contents Management System to an extent someone within your organization can update selected contents on your own
Contact us at Anspire Consulting (Digital Marketing Services) and we would be happy to assist with what best suits your businesses.