So may be you have set up the SEO engine but not to huge success yet. You are frustrated and wondering “why is my site not ranking”?
Before you hunt for solutions, I just want you to be patient and do note the following will determine if you can rank faster.
- domain age – if you domain name is just newly procured, it takes more time than others to rank
- site age – again this affects ranking
- trust flow – this basically means how much trust you have built up with Google (or other search engines) in terms of the contents you have developed on your site
- frequency of content – how often do you publish new contents will affect your standing
- overall volume of contents – if you already have tonnes of niche related contents on your site, then Google is going to give you more authority weightage
- content engagement – do you have readers commenting on your posts you actively engaging them?
Remember the internet has lots of content, generally and also specifically your niche area. If your “competitors” have put in efforts building up their turf, then you need to slowly build up your own credibility to rank.
Typically, it may take 2 to 3 months or even longer to start ranking for the few selected keywords which are most important to you.
Patience is a virtue here. You should monitor the progress of your SEO effort but it won’t help if you are tracking your SEO ranking after every single post!
The one thing I want to caution you is not to start “taking short cuts” and fall prey to software, systems, so-called internet gurus who may be selling you the solution to get back-links, a do-it-all which will rank your site in no time.
Taking such steps may land you in a bigger problem as Google penalizes your site. Such tactics are commonly known as black hat seo.
So, take steps to audit through your site using the steps I mentioned in my article and let the site mature!
I am leaving you here a video showing you different methods to check the google ranking of your website.
For yet another free way, you can check out site https://www.serplab.co.uk/.